Since 1997 I have had the privilege of representing the people of East Renfrewshire as a Member of Parliament.
I live in the constituency with my family and know first-hand that it is a great place to live.
As an MP I work for everyone in the community, not just those who voted for me.
Regardless of your own politics I am here to stand up for you and to help you with all issues regarding parliament and the Government.
How I Can Help
As an MP, I am responsible for reserved issues. The UK Parliament at Westminster retains powers (called reserved powers) over the following matters
- the constitution of the UK
- UK foreign policy
- UK defence and national security
- UK fiscal, economic and monetary policy
- immigration and nationality
- employment legislation
- common markets for UK goods and services
- social security
- transport safety and regulation
- certain other matters subject to UK and GB regulation, including, abortion, equal opportunities legislation, the
- National Lottery.
When your problem involves the Government, I can assist you in several ways. Writing to the relevant departmenton your behalf usually solves the problem. However if this is not enough I can write to and visit the Minister in person.
If there has been an issue regarding poor administration then I can help by involving the Ombudsman (Parliamentary Commission for Administration).
In some situations it is more appropriate to contact your MSP or local councillor
The Scottish Parliament has responsibility for all matters (known as devolved matters) which have not been formally reserved to Westminster
- education and training
- local government
- social work
- tourism and economic development
- many aspects of transport
- law and home affairs (including, the police and the emergency services)
- the environment
- agriculture, forestry and fishing
- sport and the arts
- statistics, public registers and records
- natural and built heritage.
If you wish to contact Ken Macintosh, MSP for Eastwood, please call 0141 620 6312 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Hugh Henry, MSP covering Barrhead, Neilston and Uplawmoor, can be contacted on 0141 848 7361 or by emailing Hugh.Henry.email@example.com
East Renfrewshire Council deals with local issues such as housing allocation, schools, planning and social work. If you have a Council related problem you can call East Renfrewshire Council on 0141 577 3000.